Hi, We are having a requirement to capture task assignee's of completed task

Hi, We are having a requirement to capture task assignee's of completed tasks. We tried to identify them from task report but tp!assignees is returning user who accepted the task. is there any way to find out all assignees for completed tasks using task reports?

OriginalPostID-220023

OriginalPostID-220023

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• In the user input task at the output store tp!owner of the task, it gives whosoever completed that respective task and save it in the variable either you can store it in the DB or you can retrieve the data from the pv! in the process report
  • Hi,
    You can use the function task_status()="completed" in the report and get the task completed task owner or a filter can be applied in the rule as task status = "completed" .
    Certified Senior Developer
    Is the above behavior noticed with system administrator user or a basic user?
    If the above behavior is with sys admin, then can you please specify the behavior with basic user.
  • Hi Ravi,
    We cannot see the completed tasks in the task report. Its better to capture the task owner once the task is completed in the process and save that task owner output in db for further use.
  • @ravitejavj Hi, I am not sure how you have arrived at such conclusion but afaik the value of Task Assignees(tp!assignees) won't be influenced when the Task's status turns Accepted. For instance, let's say, a Task is assigned to Group A, User 1 and User 2. Now let's assume that User 1 has accepted the Task and completed it. If a query to analytics is made at this stage, the tp!assignees returns Group A, User 1 and User 2 whereas tp!owner returns User 1.

A case where the above scenario might not work as intended is, overriding of tp!assignees because of the re-assignments of Task. Let's again take a case where the task is assigned to Group A, User 1 and User 2. Let's say User 1 has accepted the task but has reassigned the Task later to User 2 using the 'Reassign Task' functionality available in the left hand pane of the Task or the Reassign functionality built in the Task/Tempo Reports or via in-flight modifications. In this case User 2 becomes Task Assignees as well as Task Owner and tp!assignees, tp!owner evaluates to same now. It might seem that the User who has accepted the Task is also being available as Task Assignee, but the fact is that the tp!assignees of the Task is overridden during its reassignment.

If you always want to have an initial set of Task Assignees then you may store the Task Assinees in PV or as reference data in DB. Else if you want to keep track of the entire list of Task Assignees during the life span of the Task, then you need to plan in such a way that you are able to capture the Reassignment event and write data into database or populate data in PVs. Also to add, tp!assignees will be changing throughout the life span of the Task as and when the reassignment happens, so you may not be able to conclude that tp!assignees will always stay with the values with which they have been initiated.
  • Thank you all, to explain better i added few screen shots. I am running this report with System Admin's privileges. Please suggest me options to find out original assignes after task completion.Thanks for helping :)

Certified Senior Developer
    Please try the same with the basic user.
    A task assigned to anyone (user/users/group), if accepted by sysadmin changes the tp!assignee in the report.
    But if the task is accepted by basic user, then it should work as per your requirement.
    Certified Lead Developer
    =tp!assignees will returns the all users who are assigned to the task.
    "tp!owner" will return the user who is actually completed the task. There is no need to capture tp!owner in process model. We can fetch these values from the system task reports. Please find the attached image for reference
    Certified Lead Developer
    Can you please try with the definition as "tp!assignees" and format will be "user or group name"? It works for me
  • By the way, the task report is running with tasks by process context. I just completed the task