Adding filters to portal report for all process instances

Certified Associate Developer

Hello,

I have portal report created for all process instances, Report data is fetched in process model using execute process report smart service.
Now i want to add aditional filter on report for certain process models name such as Column ="Name" ; operator = "<>" ; Value= "constant(text array of process models name)"
But this filter does not return any value. Whereas when i use Value as single process name, additional filter works properly.

Any input on how i can filter out the multiple process model names?

Thanks,
Kaushik

OriginalPostID-227618

OriginalPostID-227618

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @kaushikr To the best of my knowledge, the "<>" operator shouldn't work and the behavior is expected because the filter value is of type multiple whereas the operator holds good only when the filter value is of type single. Simply speaking, "in" or "not in" are the operators that holds good when the filter value is of type multiple and I believe, Execute Process Report is lacking these operators.

As an alternate, you may do like this: Add a new column of type Boolean, in the portal report and let's call it as "isAmongDesiredProcessModels?". The value of this column should be fn!contains(cons!MY_LIST_OF_PROCESS_MODEL_NAMES,pm!name). This may either evaluate to true or false in the report for each row. In the Execute Process Report smart service, add a filter on the "isAmongDesiredProcessModels?" column with a definition like this: Column ="isAmongDesiredProcessModels" ; operator = "=" ; Value= true.

Just in case if you are not aware, I would like to suggest to make use of a!queryProcessAnalytics(), if you are making use of Appian 7.8 or a later version as its much easy and convenient(and also has more options) when compared to Execute Process Report and there isn't a need of going for workarounds(similar to what we did above).

Please do let us know in case of any follow up questions.
  • @kaushikr To the best of my knowledge, the "<>" operator shouldn't work and the behavior is expected because the filter value is of type multiple whereas the operator holds good only when the filter value is of type single. Simply speaking, "in" or "not in" are the operators that holds good when the filter value is of type multiple and I believe, Execute Process Report is lacking these operators.

As an alternate, you may do like this: Add a new column of type Boolean, in the portal report and let's call it as "isAmongDesiredProcessModels?". The value of this column should be fn!contains(cons!MY_LIST_OF_PROCESS_MODEL_NAMES,pm!name). This may either evaluate to true or false in the report for each row. In the Execute Process Report smart service, add a filter on the "isAmongDesiredProcessModels?" column with a definition like this: Column ="isAmongDesiredProcessModels" ; operator = "=" ; Value= true.

Just in case if you are not aware, I would like to suggest to make use of a!queryProcessAnalytics(), if you are making use of Appian 7.8 or a later version as its much easy and convenient(and also has more options) when compared to Execute Process Report and there isn't a need of going for workarounds(similar to what we did above).

Please do let us know in case of any follow up questions.
Children
No Data