Adding filters to portal report for all process instances

Certified Associate Developer

Hello,

I have portal report created for all process instances, Report data is fetched in process model using execute process report smart service.
Now i want to add aditional filter on report for certain process models name such as Column ="Name" ; operator = "<>" ; Value= "constant(text array of process models name)"
But this filter does not return any value. Whereas when i use Value as single process name, additional filter works properly.

Any input on how i can filter out the multiple process model names?

Thanks,
Kaushik

OriginalPostID-227618

OriginalPostID-227618

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I think you are trying to filter out the process instances which do not have any of the names in a given list of names (which is stored in a multi valued constant). So, you are using "Execute Process report Smart Service" which has fields for specifying one filter. (under the "Setup" tab)

You applied the specified filter, but it did not return any values.
    I suspect the reason is that - the '<>' operator does not work when the value is an array/list. But I am sure it will work if it is a single value (name of a single process model). So, would suggest you to first try with only a single value in the constant (please make the constant single valued first).

If you find that it works with single values constant, then it is confirmed that the '<>' does not work with multivalued constant.

If that happens, I would suggest using the "queryProcessAnalytics()" function instead of the Execute Process Report smart service. The reason being - it has many operators. It also has "in", "not in". For your case "not in" is suitable.

A quick tutorial on "queryProcessAnalytics" can be found here: forum.appian.com/.../Task_Report_Tutorial.html

It will introduce you to the queryProcessAnalytics function.
  • I think you are trying to filter out the process instances which do not have any of the names in a given list of names (which is stored in a multi valued constant). So, you are using "Execute Process report Smart Service" which has fields for specifying one filter. (under the "Setup" tab)

You applied the specified filter, but it did not return any values.
    I suspect the reason is that - the '<>' operator does not work when the value is an array/list. But I am sure it will work if it is a single value (name of a single process model). So, would suggest you to first try with only a single value in the constant (please make the constant single valued first).

If you find that it works with single values constant, then it is confirmed that the '<>' does not work with multivalued constant.

If that happens, I would suggest using the "queryProcessAnalytics()" function instead of the Execute Process Report smart service. The reason being - it has many operators. It also has "in", "not in". For your case "not in" is suitable.

A quick tutorial on "queryProcessAnalytics" can be found here: forum.appian.com/.../Task_Report_Tutorial.html

It will introduce you to the queryProcessAnalytics function.
Children
No Data