Question on a!hierarchyBrowserFieldColumns()

Hi

I am working on version 16.2.

I am refering to the 1st example provided for a!hierarchyBrowserFieldColumns() on the link:
forum.appian.com/.../Columns_Browser_Component.html

As per my understanding of the documentation, if I make the parameter isSelectable true, then it will save the columns browser's selection value and navigation path.

Can any one please suggest how should I modify a!save in pathSaveInto paramter so that the text fields that are at the end of the example get displayed to me accordingly.

Thanks in advance!!

OriginalPostID-227812

OriginalPostID-227812

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @sidhantb
    If you go by the link above you would see that user will click on each region and the next column will display it's corresponding sub regions. As per the example, when the user clicks on any data in the last column i.e. where the countries are being displayed, the data related to that country gets displayed in the section below. I was working on this just as a POC (since it is a new feature in 16.2) and trying to analyse how the value of a!hierarchyBrowserFieldColumns() attribute pathValue was being changed with each click. I was a bit confused as to how this SAIL component was actually modifying it's column values as per each click. So I just printed the selected value in each click and figured out that it keeps appending the new value clicked in a new column to that of older value(s) clicked in previous column.
  • @sidhantb
    If you go by the link above you would see that user will click on each region and the next column will display it's corresponding sub regions. As per the example, when the user clicks on any data in the last column i.e. where the countries are being displayed, the data related to that country gets displayed in the section below. I was working on this just as a POC (since it is a new feature in 16.2) and trying to analyse how the value of a!hierarchyBrowserFieldColumns() attribute pathValue was being changed with each click. I was a bit confused as to how this SAIL component was actually modifying it's column values as per each click. So I just printed the selected value in each click and figured out that it keeps appending the new value clicked in a new column to that of older value(s) clicked in previous column.
Children
No Data