How to get Process Model Name and Application Name From Process Instance ID

Hi All, Is there any way to capture Process Model Name and the Application Name based on process Instance ID?

OriginalPostID-228313

OriginalPostID-228313

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @mohanp I don't think it's possible to do what you have been trying to achieve. The application you are trying to store is part of business data, so I would suggest maintaining this as a context in your process models and store it in the database later. That is, let's say you have a process model and it's origination point might be different applications. While you initiate the process, pass the desired application as the context and store it in the database. When it comes to PV, yes, this has to be stored in a PV(which can be a Primitive or CDT), as long as you want your process to be differentiated.

Another option might be to differentiate based on the entityId. Maintain a centralised table of identifiers(i.e. a case id or an application id) and when you store a value in it, attach the desired application name with it. And when you query this table later, you may know the application name associated with the given processes.

One more option could be to save the 'source'(i.e. application context) of a Record when a Record is being persisted in Database.

There are various ways actually and I believe it depends on how your existing system is designed.
  • @mohanp I don't think it's possible to do what you have been trying to achieve. The application you are trying to store is part of business data, so I would suggest maintaining this as a context in your process models and store it in the database later. That is, let's say you have a process model and it's origination point might be different applications. While you initiate the process, pass the desired application as the context and store it in the database. When it comes to PV, yes, this has to be stored in a PV(which can be a Primitive or CDT), as long as you want your process to be differentiated.

Another option might be to differentiate based on the entityId. Maintain a centralised table of identifiers(i.e. a case id or an application id) and when you store a value in it, attach the desired application name with it. And when you query this table later, you may know the application name associated with the given processes.

One more option could be to save the 'source'(i.e. application context) of a Record when a Record is being persisted in Database.

There are various ways actually and I believe it depends on how your existing system is designed.
Children
No Data