Bulk Upload of Data into Appian DB(Dealing with Lakhs of Records)

Hi All,

I would be getting data from External system in an Excel sheet where I need to insert all the data into Appian DB

OriginalPostID-231862

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to hiteshd
    HI,

loading records more than 5000 is always a challenge which will effect the performance . Below points could be useful.

1. Please consider Import CSV to database as it does not required any data in CDT.
    2.Do not do any data manipulation in Appian while loading the data from CSV file.
    3. Do not consider data insert more than 5000 record , else it will show up in health check report as high impact.
    5.Consider data upload in batch if you have more data like millions of record .
    6.Consider loading high data using export feature of DB.
    7.Consider data loading during off hours .
    8.Use any external feature to load a data.
    9.If you have any RPA tool use that to load data .
    10.Consider the upload of such a large set of data monthly /weekly.

Please let us know what approach you have taken , as I also have faced the same scenario (40 K rows)and it always come as high risk in health check ,So we use RPA tool BluePrism in where we send mail with csv attachment to the blueprism and it will download the file and load the data in the Db.

Thanks

Manish
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to hiteshd
    Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for the response, will the smart service can be used for uploading 10K records or it has limitations in terms no of records which can be uploaded in a single stretch.

Regards,
    Balaji.R
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to rp_balaji
    Hi,

10K should not be a problem. I have tried 40K rows of data with 10 columns each at one shot without any issues with Appian MySQL on Cloud.

You will have to give a try on your environment to see how much time it takes.

Thanks.
    Hitesh
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to hiteshd
    Hi hiteshd,

Thanks, ill give a try for the same.

Regards,
    Balaji.R