Bulk Upload of Data into Appian DB(Dealing with Lakhs of Records)

Hi All,

I would be getting data from External system in an Excel sheet where I need to insert all the data into Appian DB

OriginalPostID-231862

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi 2 use cases here:
    1. When You want to deploy these scripts manually into DB: I would like to go for generating SQL scripts online via existing service providers as mention by @brettf because this will be much quicker than doing it via Appian or other tools. But it's having a limitation I.e.: a user who is aware of these will only be able to dump the data into db (if it's a continuous deployment, such as weekly, monthly etc..) which means a business user won't be able to do this unless we (developer) train them.

2. When you want to deploy these scripts via interface: in this case you have various options available, where you browse the file and upload the rows into DB in following ways:
    -- Using OOTB Smart Service
    -- Using custom smart service such as excel tools.
    -- using robotics tool such as Blue Prism

Limitation: if we use, smart services, we must not perform this operation specially during business hours and archive the process immediately once after successfully completion. I recommend, try processing it during weekends to avoid the impact on server.

If we use Blue Prism, upload will be done asynchronously, hence we cannot have assurance whether these data will be effected/inserted immediately (before next working days, so that business can use these data). Also you or your organisation need to baer the licensing cost of these robotics tool

Hope you will be able to choose the best approach for your use case.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi 2 use cases here:
    1. When You want to deploy these scripts manually into DB: I would like to go for generating SQL scripts online via existing service providers as mention by @brettf because this will be much quicker than doing it via Appian or other tools. But it's having a limitation I.e.: a user who is aware of these will only be able to dump the data into db (if it's a continuous deployment, such as weekly, monthly etc..) which means a business user won't be able to do this unless we (developer) train them.

2. When you want to deploy these scripts via interface: in this case you have various options available, where you browse the file and upload the rows into DB in following ways:
    -- Using OOTB Smart Service
    -- Using custom smart service such as excel tools.
    -- using robotics tool such as Blue Prism

Limitation: if we use, smart services, we must not perform this operation specially during business hours and archive the process immediately once after successfully completion. I recommend, try processing it during weekends to avoid the impact on server.

If we use Blue Prism, upload will be done asynchronously, hence we cannot have assurance whether these data will be effected/inserted immediately (before next working days, so that business can use these data). Also you or your organisation need to baer the licensing cost of these robotics tool

Hope you will be able to choose the best approach for your use case.
Children