Accessing Third Party Credentials

I have a business requirement in which a company utilizes multiple database connections and the user needs to be able to select a connection from the list of potential connections in a SAIL form. My initial thought was thought there might be an OOB function or plug in that returns this information from the Admin console, but I haven't been able to locate any. I already have a game plan to work around this but thought that the community might have some insight into this kind of functionality. Thanks is advance!

OriginalPostID-233269

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The intent in the product is to make different forms and reports present access different data sources via the internal queryrules and queryentity functions. These are where you set the query and intended data source for data. Designing a good user interface should make the data source choice not depend on the user but on the task at hand and the work being done. This can likely be done not with selecting a data source but instead designing your applications, processes, and interfaces to allow the users to view data based on what they are doing in the singular form as part of the greater process.
    However, if this is a firm requirement, you can create a local variable in your interface that is populated by a queryrule and then has a set of queryrules for each data source. A drop-down field can be created that allows the user to set a value and then this value can determine which queryrule is then run and results returned to the form for display.
  • The intent in the product is to make different forms and reports present access different data sources via the internal queryrules and queryentity functions. These are where you set the query and intended data source for data. Designing a good user interface should make the data source choice not depend on the user but on the task at hand and the work being done. This can likely be done not with selecting a data source but instead designing your applications, processes, and interfaces to allow the users to view data based on what they are doing in the singular form as part of the greater process.
    However, if this is a firm requirement, you can create a local variable in your interface that is populated by a queryrule and then has a set of queryrules for each data source. A drop-down field can be created that allows the user to set a value and then this value can determine which queryrule is then run and results returned to the form for display.
Children
No Data