Overview of Participating processes

We have a senior stakeholder who has suggested that every user should have a general overview from all processes which they are participating in. ie a dashboard which contains a list of processes which they have either initiated - or perhaps been involved through a mid level endorsement or approval step.
I don't think the News feed is going to cut it.

Has anyone implemented something along these lines?
My thoughts are:
1. Create a CDT written to the database in every process which contains some basic meta data and a list of participants.
2. Have a tempo report which queries the entity to produce a grid of results which can then link to record dashboards.
Any other ideas?

OriginalPostID-233426

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    Maybe I'm not quite understanding but here are some thoughts

1. For any records or tasks they have access to use a milestone bar component to show the steps and where the process is
    2. Create visios, print the process model documentation, or create ppts to depict the work flows available in the system. Create a process flow library record that lists all the documents. Create a table that stores some meta data and the doc id. On any other task or record dashboard link to the appropriate record dashboard.

Do either of those options help?

Thanks
  • Hi, we have implemented something similar. We have created the workflow as sub tasks and stored info on each sub task assignee. We created a view with listagg of all users and used it for display purposes. So this enabled us the ability to show the processes which the user has been part of.
  • Hi Jarrod, this is a familiar sounding requirement, but not one I've implemented as yet.

You could create a dashboard that containing search results for relevant record types that the user has access to. This would build upon the existing record functionality (rather than having to re-build it based on a database/CDT query).