What directory put the email-address-config-custom.xml file?

What directory put the email-address-config-custom.xml file?, I want to customize the mail sender according to documentation, but not specified the directory

forum.appian.com/.../Configuring_Custom_Email_Senders.html

Thanks

OriginalPostID-237666

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• @santiagov Have you had a chance to look at the following lines in the Documentation at http://bit.ly/2d99xW5 ?

"Senders are listed in /ear/suite.ear/web.war/WEB-INF/conf/process/email-address-config.xml. Any custom settings must be stored in a new custom XML file (such as email-address-config-custom.xml) residing in the same directory or in a new directory within /ear/suite.ear/web.war/WEB-INF/conf/."
  • @santiagov - The path/directory is mentioned in the 5th line of Custom_From_Address_Examples link.
    5. Save your resource bundles in the following file location: <APPIAN_HOME>/ear/suite.ear/resources/text/jsp/WEB-INF/conf/process/
  • As far as I understood the question, it's about the directory to be used to save the email-address-config-custom.xml and in this case, the location pointed out in the 5th point is not the intended one as it is meant for holding the resource bundles. To the best of my knowledge, the 5th point as mentioned above talks about the path that should be used for resource bundles, that is the .properties file which holds key-value translation pairs.

I don't think the location to save the email-address-config-custom.xml is mentioned in the example, in fact, it is mentioned in the section 'Adding a Custom From Address' which is actually above the example.
  • The location of the XML should be:

\\ear\\suite.ear\\web.war\\WEB-INF\\conf\\process\\

due to the way the product is designed, it can be placed outside that directory, however, for consistency, I suggest you placed it there.