Archival / Deletion for instances

HI All,

Would like to know how the archival / deletion policy applies for Process instances that got cancelled/ Paused by exception.

Regards,
Thoufiq.

OriginalPostID-237724

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Cancelled processes are archived according to the Data Management settings of the model. I don't believe paused processes are archived automatically though.
  • @mohamedt Afaik the archival policy for a canceled instance works the same way for a completed instance, that is both inherits the archival/deletion settings from the process model. For instance, if the archival duration is set as 7 days on the process model, the completed, as well as canceled instances will be archived after 7 days. At least I haven't come across a scenario where I would have to design the functionality that will treat completed and canceled in a different manner.

With regards to Paused by Exception, I don't think the archival/deletion policy applies(until the completion or cancellation of the process takes place) as the Paused by Exception status means that a process has got a problem in it which needs to be dealt with in order to proceed ahead and complete.
  • The wiki discusses cancelled.

forum.appian.com/.../Archiving_Processes.html

I don't believe processes by exception are archived as it wouldn't make much sense as there is still a process that can be edited and restarted. If a process was archived and it was only noticed after the archiving had occurred, there would be a lot of angry people with incomplete processes that would need the process unarchived in order to complete their tasks.