Displaying long text strings in grid columns of paging grid

Hi All,

I have a column in my View, which uses GROUP_CONCAT on the underlying table. We are using MySQL.
The View which is generated has the datatype "Text" for the corresponding column in DB.
In the XSD, I have used "columnDefinition=TEXT", and it is mapped to the View.
Now, the data from this view is being pulled into a paging grid and shown in a column (a!gridTextColumn()).

My question is - should I be worrying about the text size and it's affect on rendering it in the paging grid.
Is there a possibility of a problem? The text may contain about 1000-4000 chars.

Thanks in Advance,
Chetan

OriginalPostID-238908

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Some of the thing should should keep in mind (if using a query rule): is query time limit (10 seconds) and the query memory limit. To protect against both (1) tune your view via explain plan and optimize, (2) constrain your results with conditions, (3) constrain your display - only pull back the rows that you are displaying in the current subset - i.e. 10 rows at a time, (4) if the large columns are not part of the 'primary' data, provide a clickable dynamic display to then pull that info limiting the amount of data to pull/load/render, and (5) if this view will grow and grow over time, consider archiving of older records
    Most importantly, evaluate your sail rules for the page collectively. Is the page taking a long time to load, which will give a poor user experience.

Hope some of these things help!
    Certified Lead Developer
    Some of the thing should should keep in mind (if using a query rule): is query time limit (10 seconds) and the query memory limit. To protect against both (1) tune your view via explain plan and optimize, (2) constrain your results with conditions, (3) constrain your display - only pull back the rows that you are displaying in the current subset - i.e. 10 rows at a time, (4) if the large columns are not part of the 'primary' data, provide a clickable dynamic display to then pull that info limiting the amount of data to pull/load/render, and (5) if this view will grow and grow over time, consider archiving of older records
    Most importantly, evaluate your sail rules for the page collectively. Is the page taking a long time to load, which will give a poor user experience.

Hope some of these things help!
Children
No Data