Having views in DB vs Data manipulation in Expression rules - What approach is best in terms of Performance?

Certified Lead Developer
Consider simple scenario: I have joining date of an employee in DB, want to find out experience. We can achieve in two ways : 1. Writing a view with DB specific functions to find the date difference 2. Manipulating in Expression rules using Appian functions.
Which approach is best practice/improves performance? and strictly speaking When to go for DB views?
Any suggestions?..

OriginalPostID-241280

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Thanks all.
    @Shashank, normally if we need the data from multiple tables we create a view and get refer they view.
    If we need the data from single table with limited columns we can use queryentity().
    If at all manipulation required on data from single table, same we can do at Appian once we get it from DB.Here we need to consider performance as well .
    If I am not wrong creating a view without a specific business need , requires to create the view again at DB while moving the application different environment.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Thanks all.
    @Shashank, normally if we need the data from multiple tables we create a view and get refer they view.
    If we need the data from single table with limited columns we can use queryentity().
    If at all manipulation required on data from single table, same we can do at Appian once we get it from DB.Here we need to consider performance as well .
    If I am not wrong creating a view without a specific business need , requires to create the view again at DB while moving the application different environment.
Children
No Data