Custom Datasets

I am trying to create a custom "local!" dataset within a "with" scope.

In my case I have for example a local!datsubSet like this :

local!datasubSet: a!queryEntity(
entity: cons!entity,
query: a!query(
selection: a!querySelection(columns: {
a!queryColumn(field: "A"),
a!queryColumn(field: "B"),
a!queryColumn(field: "C"),
}),
logicalExpression: local!logicalExpression,
pagingInfo: local!pagingInfo
)
)

Now this dataset is shown in a grid. I would like to add additional data displayed in the grid without changing the entity structure being queried. Let's say I want to add a column "D" and I already have an array for it that is local!Dvalues in the with scope.

How can I create a 4th column in the local!datasubset with the name "D" that will have as values local!Dvalues.

Is this possible? I tried with merge() and a!datasub...

OriginalPostID-241479

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • As mentioned above you can do this directly on the grid but the value lengths must be the same and sorting wont work. A solution is to create a CDT only for display purposes which has the fields "A", "B", "C", and "D" then cast your local!datasubset and local!Dvalues to this new CDT. That way you can have variable length values and sorting.
  • As mentioned above you can do this directly on the grid but the value lengths must be the same and sorting wont work. A solution is to create a CDT only for display purposes which has the fields "A", "B", "C", and "D" then cast your local!datasubset and local!Dvalues to this new CDT. That way you can have variable length values and sorting.
Children
No Data