Custom Datasets

I am trying to create a custom "local!" dataset within a "with" scope.

In my case I have for example a local!datsubSet like this :

local!datasubSet: a!queryEntity(
entity: cons!entity,
query: a!query(
selection: a!querySelection(columns: {
a!queryColumn(field: "A"),
a!queryColumn(field: "B"),
a!queryColumn(field: "C"),
}),
logicalExpression: local!logicalExpression,
pagingInfo: local!pagingInfo
)
)

Now this dataset is shown in a grid. I would like to add additional data displayed in the grid without changing the entity structure being queried. Let's say I want to add a column "D" and I already have an array for it that is local!Dvalues in the with scope.

How can I create a 4th column in the local!datasubset with the name "D" that will have as values local!Dvalues.

Is this possible? I tried with merge() and a!datasub...

OriginalPostID-241479

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I have a column with an ID. The ID might be 1-2-3 but it gives no value or meaning to the end user so we use expression rule to translate in english it's label value such as "ABC" and in french it would be "DEF".

When I sort that column I wish to sort on the translated ID (what is actually shown) and NOT the ID itself (like mentionned in the field property of the gridTextColumn). Because it makes the sorting illogical then.

Now I'm not going to update my CDT to have a column for each language we support for this ID and for each "ID".

But in the end it seems I have no choice; I will have to create a second CDT that will not have the IDs but the "translated" IDs and use that variable to populate the grid. Exactly like you mentionned.
  • I have a column with an ID. The ID might be 1-2-3 but it gives no value or meaning to the end user so we use expression rule to translate in english it's label value such as "ABC" and in french it would be "DEF".

When I sort that column I wish to sort on the translated ID (what is actually shown) and NOT the ID itself (like mentionned in the field property of the gridTextColumn). Because it makes the sorting illogical then.

Now I'm not going to update my CDT to have a column for each language we support for this ID and for each "ID".

But in the end it seems I have no choice; I will have to create a second CDT that will not have the IDs but the "translated" IDs and use that variable to populate the grid. Exactly like you mentionned.
Children
No Data