Export CDT to Excel smart Service

Certified Lead Developer
Hi,

I am using export cdt to excel smart service to generate a excel report. My CDT has nested cdts.
In case of nested cdt's it is not retrieving data and showing blank columns in excel.
Please suggest, if there is any way to display data from child CDT in excel.

Thanks.

OriginalPostID-243319

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @sridevik As per my knowledge, another option worth considering is, provided if you have all the data in the database, you can use 'Export SQL data to Excel' Smart Service by writing a simple native SQL query.

Advantages of the above-mentioned approach are:
    1. No need of bringing huge chunks of data in form of PVs into Appian for processing.
    2. No need of creating a formatted(and a plain one as per your case) CDT. 3. Provided if you build a view that gives the data completely, you will be able to run the extracts though the process is under maintenance.
  • @sridevik As per my knowledge, another option worth considering is, provided if you have all the data in the database, you can use 'Export SQL data to Excel' Smart Service by writing a simple native SQL query.

Advantages of the above-mentioned approach are:
    1. No need of bringing huge chunks of data in form of PVs into Appian for processing.
    2. No need of creating a formatted(and a plain one as per your case) CDT. 3. Provided if you build a view that gives the data completely, you will be able to run the extracts though the process is under maintenance.
Children
No Data