Completed fields randomly clear when button pressed using automation (FitNesse or Ruby).

#AppianFitnesse
#GeneralInterest
We have an issue where a field can be populated by FitNesse but when a button (i.e. Submit) is pressed, the field is cleared and the page errors because of the now-empty field. This randomly happens but it is the same field/s it happens to. One is a simple page with text, a field and a button.
Note: I have witnessed this using Ruby as well, so it's most likely an Appian/Sail and not a FitNesse issue.

OriginalPostID-252844

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If we are inputting the same kinds of values it seems strange that it would work some times and not others. I'm no Fitnesse expert, so hopefully one of the other practitioners on Forum can comment here. I am wondering if there is some race condition here - can you test putting a sleep in after filling the value, before clicking submit? I agree this would not be ideal test design but may be informative as a troubleshooting step.
  • If we are inputting the same kinds of values it seems strange that it would work some times and not others. I'm no Fitnesse expert, so hopefully one of the other practitioners on Forum can comment here. I am wondering if there is some race condition here - can you test putting a sleep in after filling the value, before clicking submit? I agree this would not be ideal test design but may be informative as a troubleshooting step.
Children
No Data