Completed fields randomly clear when button pressed using automation (FitNesse or Ruby).

#AppianFitnesse
#GeneralInterest
We have an issue where a field can be populated by FitNesse but when a button (i.e. Submit) is pressed, the field is cleared and the page errors because of the now-empty field. This randomly happens but it is the same field/s it happens to. One is a simple page with text, a field and a button.
Note: I have witnessed this using Ruby as well, so it's most likely an Appian/Sail and not a FitNesse issue.

OriginalPostID-252844

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • No, this issue has not been observed when performed manually.
    My guess it's something to do with Sail not knowing the field has data (as the keyboard wasn't used) Rather it's more like copy/paste for data entry which Sail doesn't always detect. Note: I have a couple of times spotted the error occurring, so I quickly type the data in the field, click Submit and it goes fine from there.
  • No, this issue has not been observed when performed manually.
    My guess it's something to do with Sail not knowing the field has data (as the keyboard wasn't used) Rather it's more like copy/paste for data entry which Sail doesn't always detect. Note: I have a couple of times spotted the error occurring, so I quickly type the data in the field, click Submit and it goes fine from there.
Children
No Data