How to select the checkbox inside the Grid in Appian application

#GeneralInterest
# AppianFitnesse

------Fitnesse for Appian-----------------

Can someone tell me how to select the checkboxes available inside the Grid. in Appian application.

I tried the below possibilities. But no luck!

|click on checkbox option |checkbox[1]|
| populate field | CHECKBOX NAME | with | true |
| populate field | CHECKBOX NAME | with | On |
| populate field | CHECKBOX NAME | with | 1 |
| click on grid | GRID_NAME | column |column |[1] |row|[1]|with|true |
|toggle ;|GRID_NAME |column |[1] |row|[1]|with|true |
| click on grid | GRID_NAME | column |column |[1] |row|[1]|with|true |

Thanks in advance!

OriginalPostID-253044

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @vivekg539 - I suppose you are trying to select a check box inside grid column(s) and not the grid selection checkboxes.
    If that is the case then you might try the below command.

| populate grid | GRID_NAME or [GRID_INDEX] or GRID_NAME[INDEX] | column | COLUMN_NAME or [COLUMN_INDEX] | row | [ROW_INDEX] | with | VALUE(S) |

For Example:
    | populate grid | Employees | column | Gender | row | 1 | with | Male |

And if you are trying to select the rows in the Grid using grid selection please refer the below commands.

| select grid | GRID_NAME or [GRID_INDEX] or GRID_NAME[INDEX] | row | [ROW_INDEX] |

| select all rows in grid | GRID_NAME or [GRID_INDEX] or GRID_NAME[INDEX] |

Please let me know if it works and if not then please attach a sample grid code snippet which is similar to your scenario and I can check it and provide you a solution.
  • @vivekg539 - I suppose you are trying to select a check box inside grid column(s) and not the grid selection checkboxes.
    If that is the case then you might try the below command.

| populate grid | GRID_NAME or [GRID_INDEX] or GRID_NAME[INDEX] | column | COLUMN_NAME or [COLUMN_INDEX] | row | [ROW_INDEX] | with | VALUE(S) |

For Example:
    | populate grid | Employees | column | Gender | row | 1 | with | Male |

And if you are trying to select the rows in the Grid using grid selection please refer the below commands.

| select grid | GRID_NAME or [GRID_INDEX] or GRID_NAME[INDEX] | row | [ROW_INDEX] |

| select all rows in grid | GRID_NAME or [GRID_INDEX] or GRID_NAME[INDEX] |

Please let me know if it works and if not then please attach a sample grid code snippet which is similar to your scenario and I can check it and provide you a solution.
Children
No Data