Constant fetching value even after deletion.

I observed a strange behavior in Appian 16.2,
A constant value is reflecting in one interface whereas I have deleted that constant permanently few days ago. I re-verified and that constant was nowhere in the environment. Also, I tried creating a new constant with same name and it was not showing any error like “Name already exists” which is surprising. Once new constant with same name created then the new value reflected in the interface.
Is this an Appian bug? or, Why is it happening?

OriginalPostID-253083

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @davids735, however the current behavior is not the same as what you have described Even if there are no process instances or process models referencing the deleted rule/constant, the last version of deleted expression rule/constant will exist in the system as per the current behavior.

I see your point, it's similar to garbage collection concept. Since the deleted expression rule/constant is no longer referenced in any process instance/process model or other design objects, there is no need to keep its last version in the system, it can be deleted...
  • @davids735, however the current behavior is not the same as what you have described Even if there are no process instances or process models referencing the deleted rule/constant, the last version of deleted expression rule/constant will exist in the system as per the current behavior.

I see your point, it's similar to garbage collection concept. Since the deleted expression rule/constant is no longer referenced in any process instance/process model or other design objects, there is no need to keep its last version in the system, it can be deleted...
Children
No Data