Pagination - Memory threshold issue.

We have a query as below
rule!WFT_getRequestDetailsBySearchParams(ri!process,ri!subprocess,ri!action,ri!requestor,ri!company,ri!reference,ri!sapRefNo,if(isnull(ri!fromDate),todatetime(date(2010,10,10)),ri!fromDate),if(isnull(ri!toDate),todatetime((today())),ri!toDate+intervalds(23,59,59)),ri!monetaryValue,ri!priority,ri!wftRequestID,ri!salesOffice,ri!requestStatus,ri!pageInfo)))

In the above query how is "ri!pageInfo" working? I could not find any parameters like batch size set for pageInfo. Please help how does it work for the above query.

How does pageInfo decrease the load on Appian? I have referred the below link, but did not understand much, Please help me on this.
forum.appian.com/.../System_Functions.html

OriginalPostID-254399

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Also, I would like to comment on the above solutions/attempts made:

Usage of a!pagingInfo(startIndex:1,batchSize:-1): This approach fails miserably when the data set is huge and the performance improvement you are trying to target will not be achieved in any case.

Usage of a!pagingInfo(startIndex: 1,batchSize: 10) as in rule!WFT_tempoSearchQueryPagination(pv!process,pv!subprocess,pv!action,pv!requestorName,pv!company,pv!reference,pv!sapRefNo,pv!fromDate,pv!toDate,pv!monetaryValue,pv!priority,pv!wftRequestID,pv!salesOffice,pv!requestStatus,a!pagingInfo(startIndex: 1,batchSize: 10),loggedinuser()):
    This won't work and answer could be driven from this question - What will let Appian know how to update the pagingInfo and provide the same to expression rule to refresh the data set? In the modern SAIL interfaces, this happens by pushing the data into variables and refresh on demand or assign values and refresh everytime when using with(). But where is this mechanism in the traditional Forms Designer's Paging Grid Component? (The data!pagingInfo is the only way through which the pagingInfo can be driven and this couldn't be configured to achieve pagination.)

Also, afaik, the comments made above will help you definitely when you are using gridField in modern SAIL but might not when you are making use of Paging Grid Component in traditional Forms Designer.
  • Also, I would like to comment on the above solutions/attempts made:

Usage of a!pagingInfo(startIndex:1,batchSize:-1): This approach fails miserably when the data set is huge and the performance improvement you are trying to target will not be achieved in any case.

Usage of a!pagingInfo(startIndex: 1,batchSize: 10) as in rule!WFT_tempoSearchQueryPagination(pv!process,pv!subprocess,pv!action,pv!requestorName,pv!company,pv!reference,pv!sapRefNo,pv!fromDate,pv!toDate,pv!monetaryValue,pv!priority,pv!wftRequestID,pv!salesOffice,pv!requestStatus,a!pagingInfo(startIndex: 1,batchSize: 10),loggedinuser()):
    This won't work and answer could be driven from this question - What will let Appian know how to update the pagingInfo and provide the same to expression rule to refresh the data set? In the modern SAIL interfaces, this happens by pushing the data into variables and refresh on demand or assign values and refresh everytime when using with(). But where is this mechanism in the traditional Forms Designer's Paging Grid Component? (The data!pagingInfo is the only way through which the pagingInfo can be driven and this couldn't be configured to achieve pagination.)

Also, afaik, the comments made above will help you definitely when you are using gridField in modern SAIL but might not when you are making use of Paging Grid Component in traditional Forms Designer.
Children
No Data