Basic User Access

Hi folks, I may not describe the issue correctly yet I am sharing this with you,
I have an application whose security should be defined in such a way that basic user can also run the application, in the application I am using some groups which are restricted and when basic user run the application it is throwing a pink box error saying "User does not have permission or insufficient privileges". So can we have a solution for this ?

Thanks in advance!!!

OriginalPostID-254516

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @gurdeeps To the best of my knowledge, following are some of the ways to resolve the issue:
    1. Update the 'Type' in the 'Security Settings' of the Group to Public. Shared Component by name 'Change Group Security Settings' at http://bit.ly/2i1e1OW should assist you in doing programmatically or you may do the same manually as well. Opening up the security depends on the way the security matrices are defined in your project.
    2. Store the users, groups and memberships in the database so that one can trespass the Appian Security on the need basis. This applies to any object in the entire environment as it's a plain database query and helps us overcome the security settings at times when it's really not required. Also please note that this requires significant effort and depends on the type and frequency of the use cases.
    3. If the use case you have is limited to Process Modeling, you can query the data before user input task(Use designer privileges in case if the process is being run under the context of initiator who lacks privilege to the groups that need to be queried) and store them in the Process Variables and show the same on UI later on. This is confined to the use cases that emerge in the area of Process Modeling.

I would be interested to see if any other practitioners have relatively simple and better solutions.
  • @gurdeeps To the best of my knowledge, following are some of the ways to resolve the issue:
    1. Update the 'Type' in the 'Security Settings' of the Group to Public. Shared Component by name 'Change Group Security Settings' at http://bit.ly/2i1e1OW should assist you in doing programmatically or you may do the same manually as well. Opening up the security depends on the way the security matrices are defined in your project.
    2. Store the users, groups and memberships in the database so that one can trespass the Appian Security on the need basis. This applies to any object in the entire environment as it's a plain database query and helps us overcome the security settings at times when it's really not required. Also please note that this requires significant effort and depends on the type and frequency of the use cases.
    3. If the use case you have is limited to Process Modeling, you can query the data before user input task(Use designer privileges in case if the process is being run under the context of initiator who lacks privilege to the groups that need to be queried) and store them in the Process Variables and show the same on UI later on. This is confined to the use cases that emerge in the area of Process Modeling.

I would be interested to see if any other practitioners have relatively simple and better solutions.
Children
No Data