Export To Excel

Hello all,
we have created one Adhoc CDT[the type is list of dictionaries] ,when we pass the list of dictionary data the export CDT to excel smart service is return an error,
I want to know any other way to generate excel file with adhoc CDT data? ,
For cdt list data[getting data from db using query rule] the smart service working fine .
Example Adhoc CDT :
{{username:"test" , lastname:"user",username:"tuser",fullName:"testuser"}}

Thanks In Advance.

OriginalPostID-255025

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @venkateshs Hi, I believe creation of a formatted cdt(to hold the actual cdt contents plus formatted version of contents) is required because the smart service isn't able to recognise/unable any other type (such as 'List of Dictionary' type in your case) other than CDT as far as my experience is considered. Few options you can think of are as follows:

1. Export SQL to Excel : You may opt for this if you have ALL of the data in the database(any formatting can be achieved through SQL functions) where a native SQL query drives your excel data set and you don't need to create a formatted cdt separately as we include the desired contents as columns in the query.
    2. CDT Manipulation plugin at http://bit.ly/28MEhax : fn!updateCdt() function in this plugin allows you to add a field to the cdt on the fly. Let the data set in the process be in the form of cdt and try applying this function so that you can have a cdt data set along with the new contents as desired by you but still of the same cdt type. I am not sure how far this works, but I think it might be worth giving a try.
  • @venkateshs Hi, I believe creation of a formatted cdt(to hold the actual cdt contents plus formatted version of contents) is required because the smart service isn't able to recognise/unable any other type (such as 'List of Dictionary' type in your case) other than CDT as far as my experience is considered. Few options you can think of are as follows:

1. Export SQL to Excel : You may opt for this if you have ALL of the data in the database(any formatting can be achieved through SQL functions) where a native SQL query drives your excel data set and you don't need to create a formatted cdt separately as we include the desired contents as columns in the query.
    2. CDT Manipulation plugin at http://bit.ly/28MEhax : fn!updateCdt() function in this plugin allows you to add a field to the cdt on the fly. Let the data set in the process be in the form of cdt and try applying this function so that you can have a cdt data set along with the new contents as desired by you but still of the same cdt type. I am not sure how far this works, but I think it might be worth giving a try.
Children
No Data