Invalid column type: 1111 with Execute Store Procedure

Certified Senior Developer
Hi All,

I am getting issue while running fn!executestoredprocedure Appian function.While trying to call the executestoredprocedure, While testing the rule ,I get the error:
Invalid column type: 1111

I am facing the same issue with "Execute Stored procedure" smart service also,it shows the error message as follows:
There is a problem with task “Execute Stored Procedure” in the process “Test_SP”. java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column type

In the stored procedure I am using 2 parameters with 1st being In parameter which takes input and 2nd being out parameter which is table valued parameter.

I have given schema name along with procedure name and also provided the correct column name as input parameter

Please kindly provide solution for this issue. Thanks in Advance

OriginalPostID-255354

executedStoreProcedure code.txt

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • souravs - I have had a bunch of problems figuring out the execute stored procedure plugin. I've had decent luck with the smart service running in a process, but using the function call has been very difficult for me. I can get the correct results running the stored procedure in a normal database tool and via the process model, but the function call is very finicky. When it works (perfectly coded select statement in the stored procedure, etc.) it is fast and runs fine, but just because the results are correct in the db & via the process model smartservice call does NOT mean that Appian will cleanly run it as a function. Be careful and thoroughly test if you are calling it via a function/rule. Also, per previous posts, do NOT attempt to do data insertion/updates via the function call, only select statements. The smartservice should be used if you have to update data.
  • souravs - I have had a bunch of problems figuring out the execute stored procedure plugin. I've had decent luck with the smart service running in a process, but using the function call has been very difficult for me. I can get the correct results running the stored procedure in a normal database tool and via the process model, but the function call is very finicky. When it works (perfectly coded select statement in the stored procedure, etc.) it is fast and runs fine, but just because the results are correct in the db & via the process model smartservice call does NOT mean that Appian will cleanly run it as a function. Be careful and thoroughly test if you are calling it via a function/rule. Also, per previous posts, do NOT attempt to do data insertion/updates via the function call, only select statements. The smartservice should be used if you have to update data.
Children
No Data