batching the query

Hi,
I want to know how does exactly batching the query will work in Appian in retrieve the larger data ?

OriginalPostID-256157

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    @rohandhondilalk401 As per my understanding, Appian internally uses JPA in order to perform CRUD operation on DB, when we work with database we may come across though 2 scenarios where we may need to go for Batching

1. While retrieving large amount of Data: As JPA internally uses JDBC API, so max number of rows for retrieval of data is around 10,000,00 (10 Lakhs, it may exceed if the Row contains less amount of data with respect to column value for each row retrieval), while fetching that large amount of data the time consumption will be more and hence we may get some database related errors, so instead of fetching huge amount of data at a time, we can configure the query to fetch limited set of rows to be retrieve one after another, such requirement we can achieve by using batching

2. While storing similar kind of set of objects concurrently: here in order to reduce the number of hits on DB, we can add all the similar kind of objects into Batch and can deliver it to database engine, which will take care of inserting the data into the table, in the same order how it was inserted into the batch (While storing an array of objects in Appian)

=> the major factor in batch is: Batch size & the Total number of rows to be retrieved, where batch size helps to increase the row count, i mean

if first retrieval at Batch Size 0 is : 1 to 10
    then second for Batch Size 1 could be: 11 to 20 and so on

hope this will help you
    Certified Lead Developer
    @rohandhondilalk401 As per my understanding, Appian internally uses JPA in order to perform CRUD operation on DB, when we work with database we may come across though 2 scenarios where we may need to go for Batching

1. While retrieving large amount of Data: As JPA internally uses JDBC API, so max number of rows for retrieval of data is around 10,000,00 (10 Lakhs, it may exceed if the Row contains less amount of data with respect to column value for each row retrieval), while fetching that large amount of data the time consumption will be more and hence we may get some database related errors, so instead of fetching huge amount of data at a time, we can configure the query to fetch limited set of rows to be retrieve one after another, such requirement we can achieve by using batching

2. While storing similar kind of set of objects concurrently: here in order to reduce the number of hits on DB, we can add all the similar kind of objects into Batch and can deliver it to database engine, which will take care of inserting the data into the table, in the same order how it was inserted into the batch (While storing an array of objects in Appian)

=> the major factor in batch is: Batch size & the Total number of rows to be retrieved, where batch size helps to increase the row count, i mean

if first retrieval at Batch Size 0 is : 1 to 10
    then second for Batch Size 1 could be: 11 to 20 and so on

hope this will help you
Children
No Data