For ex: I am selecting the values A,B,C,D

value storing as A; B; C; D

Can any one provide solution..

Thanks

OriginalPostID-256301

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    @ramesh: can you tell us a bit more about your requirement?

You seem to be under the impression that the result of the checkbox field selection is literally the string <<"A"; "B"; "C"; "D">>, however that is just appian's visual representation of an array of those characters created by selecting checkbox items. The only data that's really stored is that array - it's displayed (for convenience only) in the particular formatting you describe, but you are free to override that formatting per your needs, as the prior commentors have pointed out here.

I only bring this back up just to make sure you understand the fundamental concepts here, because being given a solution but not an understanding of why the solution is necessary, won't help you very much for future instances.
    Certified Lead Developer
    @ramesh: can you tell us a bit more about your requirement?

You seem to be under the impression that the result of the checkbox field selection is literally the string <<"A"; "B"; "C"; "D">>, however that is just appian's visual representation of an array of those characters created by selecting checkbox items. The only data that's really stored is that array - it's displayed (for convenience only) in the particular formatting you describe, but you are free to override that formatting per your needs, as the prior commentors have pointed out here.

I only bring this back up just to make sure you understand the fundamental concepts here, because being given a solution but not an understanding of why the solution is necessary, won't help you very much for future instances.
Children
No Data