Linking to an Action or Report

What is the best way to link to an action or report other than directly using the URL? Since the links would be different between our environments I would like to avoid directly hard coding a URL in.

OriginalPostID-259948

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I've been avoiding creating a constant with different values per environment since there would be a risk that a subsequent transport would break the link in Production (if the transport package includes the Dev version of the URL it will overwrite the Prod version when imported).
    I think what I may do is store the Prod URL in a constant across all environments and inform testers not to avoid the link in the Test environment.
  • I've been avoiding creating a constant with different values per environment since there would be a risk that a subsequent transport would break the link in Production (if the transport package includes the Dev version of the URL it will overwrite the Prod version when imported).
    I think what I may do is store the Prod URL in a constant across all environments and inform testers not to avoid the link in the Test environment.
Children
No Data