Linking to an Action or Report

What is the best way to link to an action or report other than directly using the URL? Since the links would be different between our environments I would like to avoid directly hard coding a URL in.

OriginalPostID-259948

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    The recommended approach here is to create a separate application for environment specific constants and to not put these constants in your main application. That way you don't accidentally overwrite the constants during a deployment.

I also typically include a "ENV" tag (ex. APP_ENV_YOUR_CONSTANT) and do a quick "ENV" search in the application before deploying to make sure I'm not exporting environment specific constants.
    Certified Lead Developer
    The recommended approach here is to create a separate application for environment specific constants and to not put these constants in your main application. That way you don't accidentally overwrite the constants during a deployment.

I also typically include a "ENV" tag (ex. APP_ENV_YOUR_CONSTANT) and do a quick "ENV" search in the application before deploying to make sure I'm not exporting environment specific constants.
Children
No Data