todate function is returning date format in user

Certified Senior Developer
Hi,
I am using todate() function to convert a text to date value. The function does not take any parameters for dateformat.
the function always returns the date format based on user locale preference only. Is there any alternate approach that I can try, thanks in advance for the suggestions!

OriginalPostID-260360

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Update: I've taken another look at the OOTB Appian functions and I don't believe there are any straightforward alternatives to the un-localized format you're looking for. In Appian, dates are saved either in localized or GMT format. To get the format you're looking for in Appian via OOTB functions, either your own calendar or the environment's calendar type would have to use "MM-DD-YYYY" as its format. Otherwise, the system interprets the date as being out of range.

The only other option I can think of at the moment is to simply write the date as text.
  • Update: I've taken another look at the OOTB Appian functions and I don't believe there are any straightforward alternatives to the un-localized format you're looking for. In Appian, dates are saved either in localized or GMT format. To get the format you're looking for in Appian via OOTB functions, either your own calendar or the environment's calendar type would have to use "MM-DD-YYYY" as its format. Otherwise, the system interprets the date as being out of range.

The only other option I can think of at the moment is to simply write the date as text.
Children
No Data