how to add spaces in appian

Certified Associate Developer
Hi All,

If there is large amount of logical data in single section how can we separate it for better visual experience without adding empty text fields? Is there a different way in Appian apart from adding blank text fields ?

Thanks,
Kaushik

OriginalPostID-260660

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I'm not sure how large your data is, what type of data you're using, or the size of the field(s) that displays your data, but I suggest playing with combinations of the following functions which will help split your data for displaying purposes:

1. char(09) -Adds indentation (i.e. value: char(09) & ri!data)
    2. split() - splits text based on delimiter within text
    3. leftb() - returns only a specified number of bytes starting from the left.
    4. apply()

Note: You may have to do some conversion of your data (i.e. tostring(), touniformstring(), tointeger(), etc...). Hope this helps.
  • I'm not sure how large your data is, what type of data you're using, or the size of the field(s) that displays your data, but I suggest playing with combinations of the following functions which will help split your data for displaying purposes:

1. char(09) -Adds indentation (i.e. value: char(09) & ri!data)
    2. split() - splits text based on delimiter within text
    3. leftb() - returns only a specified number of bytes starting from the left.
    4. apply()

Note: You may have to do some conversion of your data (i.e. tostring(), touniformstring(), tointeger(), etc...). Hope this helps.
Children
No Data