Hi, I have created process Dashboard for the process model say "Job or

Certified Lead Developer
Hi,
I have created process Dashboard for the process model say "Job order",in which i have two process pariable of type cdt lets say jobOrderDetail and jobTickets.jobtickets is of multiple type and in job ticket cdt i am having almost 30 fields.again i am saving both pv jobOrderdetail and jobTickets to database. i need to show this information on the dashboard. so which is better way perfomancewise and memory from below 2
1. Keeping both pv jobOrderDetail and jobTickts array in process itself.and showing them on dashoard.
2. or fetching data from database and showing on dashboard. as i have data in database so there is no need to maintain jobOrderDetail and jobTickts array in process...

OriginalPostID-74276

OriginalPostID-74276

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Ajinkya, since this is a process dashboard, we will have access to all the process variables, why not have a process variable which will call the query rule once. So in the process model we have <pv!someProcessVariable> = getJobTicketsDetail(), we can access this process variable in the dashboard.
    =ncolumntable({"Col1","Col2","Col3"},pv!someProcessVariable.Field1,pv!someProcessVariable.Field2,pv!someProcessVariable.Field3), rather than having a query rule being called directly in each of the column.
    You may have another requirement which mandates you to follow the currently implemented design, cannot deny this, but if it is straight forward query rule call then having it as a process variable should do good.
  • Hello Ajinkya, since this is a process dashboard, we will have access to all the process variables, why not have a process variable which will call the query rule once. So in the process model we have <pv!someProcessVariable> = getJobTicketsDetail(), we can access this process variable in the dashboard.
    =ncolumntable({"Col1","Col2","Col3"},pv!someProcessVariable.Field1,pv!someProcessVariable.Field2,pv!someProcessVariable.Field3), rather than having a query rule being called directly in each of the column.
    You may have another requirement which mandates you to follow the currently implemented design, cannot deny this, but if it is straight forward query rule call then having it as a process variable should do good.
Children
No Data