Decrypt a password

Hello Everyone,

I am using a!encryptedTextField() to encrypt a password and this allows only EncryptedText as interface inputs,
now i want to decrypt and populate the password (for sending the password in an email)...
As i couldn't use a!encryptedTextField() to decrypt in an expression rule, please suggest me how to decrypt the password.

Thanks in advance..

OriginalPostID-262539

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @Paul Mayeur
    I know that encrypting a password and displaying it in the email is not a best practice, but still we want to do that as specified by the customer.
    This mail will be sent only to a particular person(Assume like User creator).
    Also this application is for internal purpose only and will be maintained across environments.So this is not a big security issue.

@Naresh Sankarasetty
    That really helped...Thanks
  • Hello sowsanjav,

Did it worked? I have experienced before castinvalid exceptions  trying to do the same .

I have just found creating a custom plugin, which I think Appian won’t ever approve it to be in the shared components.

I am against of sending the email with the password, but sometimes the users insist and it is difficult but security comes first  and it is important to make aware the user of it. Security is more important that their use case.

At the end if you insist , please don’t do it just like that please implement an expiration after 2 hours for example and force the user to change the password. Or do something else, not just send the email with the password.

This is something that even if the customer request their security team will help you to push.

Jose

• Hello sowsanjav,

Did it worked? I have experienced before castinvalid exceptions  trying to do the same .

I have just found creating a custom plugin, which I think Appian won’t ever approve it to be in the shared components.

I am against of sending the email with the password, but sometimes the users insist and it is difficult but security comes first  and it is important to make aware the user of it. Security is more important that their use case.

At the end if you insist , please don’t do it just like that please implement an expiration after 2 hours for example and force the user to change the password. Or do something else, not just send the email with the password.

This is something that even if the customer request their security team will help you to push.

Jose

Children
No Data