Creating an ERD for Cloud DB

I have MySQL Workbench and I have used it to create several ERDs for local databases. I want to create an ERD for our Appian Cloud DB but I am not sure how to connect MySQL Workbench to the Appian Cloud DB. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance for any ideas and suggestions.

OriginalPostID-263154

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • We generally run a structure-only export of the database (from phpMyAdmin) and then import that to a local MySQL installation (rather than a full Appian install). You can then connect MySQL workbench to that database and use the reverse engineer functionality to generate the ERM automatically. It's also possible to refresh the diagram at a later date by importing a new database export and using the "from source" option in MySQL workbench.
  • We generally run a structure-only export of the database (from phpMyAdmin) and then import that to a local MySQL installation (rather than a full Appian install). You can then connect MySQL workbench to that database and use the reverse engineer functionality to generate the ERM automatically. It's also possible to refresh the diagram at a later date by importing a new database export and using the "from source" option in MySQL workbench.
Children
No Data