Administrator locked out after LDAP Configuration

Hello,
I activated LDAP on a server we just installed, and my users authenticate using their full email. All users are able to authenticate successfully, but what i now lost is access to my admin user which uses a username only without password!

I thought that my username will still work after i setup the ldap, how can i now give a certain ldap user appian admin access? or how can i access the appian Adminstrator account now?

Thanks.

OriginalPostID-264409

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • yes appian can do both local and ldap at the same time....if it doesn't find it in ldap it goes to local and vice versa....i thought since you lost your admin account and also don't have the administrator account as well, it would be nice if you turn off ldap as if you try to do password reset with ldap enabled....it won't send email to reset it as it uses ldap....but if you turn off ldap and then try to reset your password, it will think as your local account needs to be reset and then sends email....you need to do this on a local account that is known to have admin access and ask them to reset your password and then also give you admin access....if I am confusing you...please open a support case with appian for more on this...
  • yes appian can do both local and ldap at the same time....if it doesn't find it in ldap it goes to local and vice versa....i thought since you lost your admin account and also don't have the administrator account as well, it would be nice if you turn off ldap as if you try to do password reset with ldap enabled....it won't send email to reset it as it uses ldap....but if you turn off ldap and then try to reset your password, it will think as your local account needs to be reset and then sends email....you need to do this on a local account that is known to have admin access and ask them to reset your password and then also give you admin access....if I am confusing you...please open a support case with appian for more on this...
Children
No Data