Plugins - Excel tools

I understand that the Excel Tools plugin provides expressions to read a specific excel cell by number or name.

Is there a way to Write to specific excel cells?

If there a way to add (and may be delete) tabs from an excel sheet?

OriginalPostID-270238

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @stefanh791: Thanks for all the input.

I understand you want to use XML spreadsheet format over the XLS document format due to the limited out of the box functionality we have in Appian when dealing with XLS documents?

Attached is an example of the XML spreadsheet format. It does not look simple at all. As Microsoft documentation states "This content is no longer actively maintained. It is provided as is, for anyone who may still be using these technologies, with no warranties or claims of accuracy with regard to the most recent product version or service release."

Also, imagine that we need to parse this XML data (that can change in the future upgrades) in Expression Language or even worse , to perform text manipulation on that XML file in Appian to update data!

Terrible design.

Book1.xlsx

Book1_xml.xml

• @stefanh791: Thanks for all the input.

I understand you want to use XML spreadsheet format over the XLS document format due to the limited out of the box functionality we have in Appian when dealing with XLS documents?

Attached is an example of the XML spreadsheet format. It does not look simple at all. As Microsoft documentation states "This content is no longer actively maintained. It is provided as is, for anyone who may still be using these technologies, with no warranties or claims of accuracy with regard to the most recent product version or service release."

Also, imagine that we need to parse this XML data (that can change in the future upgrades) in Expression Language or even worse , to perform text manipulation on that XML file in Appian to update data!

Terrible design.

Book1.xlsx

Book1_xml.xml

Children
No Data