Hi all, I am very interested to get to know different approaches you guys t

Hi all,
I am very interested to get to know different approaches you guys took in order to do testing in Appian. I am especially interested in tools you use in order to automate testing with Appian. I know of the approach to use the task puppeteer plugin, so I am even more interested in other approaches, but also about your experience with using task puppeteer. It's obviously a lot of work to do thorough testing using task puppeteer.
TIA, Moritz...

OriginalPostID-75134

OriginalPostID-75134

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• 1. Make fillable start forms – this will allow you to supply necessary parameters just like you would be doing through a subprocess node
    2. Use “test harnesses” – if the dataset is large and not easily supplied via a start form, use a separate process model that will prepare the data before passing into a subprocess node. This is a very useful testing pattern and you can even create data for different test scenarios
    3. Use Task Puppeteer plugin – this plugin allows submission of user forms in an automated fashion. Once parts of the process are stable, you can build automated functional tests using this plugin. However, as with all automated test this requires additional maintenance in case of changes to your models
    4. For automated perf tests, you can use JMeter or any other web application testing tool (LoadRunner is a common example). Check this page forum.appian.com/.../Performance_Testing_Methodology