Un-archiving old Appian processes into the latest Appian version

Hello, we have Appian processes created from 2011 onwards available in our Archives. I am not sure of the Appian version that was available at time in 2011.

Would it be possible and does Appian have backward compatibility to "un-archive" these old process into the latest Appian version 17.1 ?

OriginalPostID-271421

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi, we have un-archived processes of near old versions of Appian to 16.3 Appian cloud. We didn't see any challenges. I don't think there won't be real big challenge even with the older process instances.

But we may definitely think about some of the features which were deprecated V17.1 or in near past Appian versions. Also the process instances which may used plugins may not behave as expected due to the latest upgrades to it.
  • Hi, we have un-archived processes of near old versions of Appian to 16.3 Appian cloud. We didn't see any challenges. I don't think there won't be real big challenge even with the older process instances.

But we may definitely think about some of the features which were deprecated V17.1 or in near past Appian versions. Also the process instances which may used plugins may not behave as expected due to the latest upgrades to it.
Children
No Data