Send formdata in REST API call

Hi, 

Can anyone let me know, how one can pass the formdata( multipart/formdat) content in sending a HTTP request( POST method). I have four fields which needs to be sent across to the service. It accepts the payload as a form of Formdata. So, please let me know how i can invoke the service by sending the formdata as an input

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• If you are trying to upload files, how you already tried HTTP Upload Smart Service?
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi adding to above response, you can also go for an another approach as well, where you can try converting the document into Base64 format and sending it across the services along with other required parameters, and on service side you need to convert the Base64 to Document.

But to achieve this, you need to create your Own (Custom) Plugin in order to deal with Base64 conversion and vice-versa.

As per my understanding, as of now, the only OOTB approach, through which we can send the document across the service is, HTTP File Upload Smart Service, but if you want to achieve the same through the web API/Rules such as Integration Object (newly introduced in Appian 17.2), then you have only one way remain, i.e. building a Custom Plugin.

Hope this will help you.