POST Web API returning 401 with Postman (and with some apps)

Hi, we created a POST Web API that invokes a process model. Within Appian and using cURL, SoapUI, and Advanced REST Client (Chrome), we get a successful response (200 with expected response body). However, when we call it via Postman or via apps that we developed in Bluemix, it returns "HTTP Status 401 - This requires HTTP authentication". In the header, we include Authorization: Basic (base64 encoded username and password) for all our calls. Did anyone experience the same issue? Is there a solution/step that we may have missed in Appian? Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Marc,

I am also facing the same issue in the post man . Can you please tel me how you solve the problem.

in the post man i created header like this

Authorization: Basic(username:password)(base64 encoded text)
    Content-Type: application/json

I have one question, this is username and password is the same what we created in the Third party credential in admin console.??
    or appian user logins crendentials??

please help me in this.
  • Hi Marc,

I am also facing the same issue in the post man . Can you please tel me how you solve the problem.

in the post man i created header like this

Authorization: Basic(username:password)(base64 encoded text)
    Content-Type: application/json

I have one question, this is username and password is the same what we created in the Third party credential in admin console.??
    or appian user logins crendentials??

please help me in this.
Children