WebAPI without authentification

Hello guys,

I created web service in one Appian app and I want to call this web service from another Appian app from other environment. Now I need to provide authentification details to acces data from this web service, otherwise call will fail because of authetification. Is there a way how Appian web service can be called without any authentification and from any environment?

Thanks 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi, as others mentioned, there is no way you can skip authentication for Appian exposed web service. So, we need to authenticate every time you call the service. This is the best pratice and we should secure the web service call always.

Use the third party credentails in other environent admin console and refer them during the service call.

May i know why you are reluctant to authenticate the service? is their any specific reason or requirement?

Thanks - Naveen
  • Hi, as others mentioned, there is no way you can skip authentication for Appian exposed web service. So, we need to authenticate every time you call the service. This is the best pratice and we should secure the web service call always.

Use the third party credentails in other environent admin console and refer them during the service call.

May i know why you are reluctant to authenticate the service? is their any specific reason or requirement?

Thanks - Naveen
Children
No Data