Sharepoint Integration - a!shpInvokeWriter()

Hi all, 

I want to use the out of the box function a!shpInvokeWriter() in order to perform some operations in Sharepoint 2016 such as  create folder / delete file / retrieve metadata. I managed to call this function in a Sail Interface and it works fine but my intention is  to use this function in a process model.

More analytically, I want to integrate this functionality in a flow (process model) and to trigger it autmatically (not with human task / SAIL UI). Based on the documentation, this function returns a "Writer" which is used with bind() in a SAIL UI.

Can I somehow invoke this function without using SAIL interface? For example in a script task? 

The same question applies for the functions a!shpCopyDocumentFromAppian() and a!shpCopyDocumentToAppian() as well.

Thank you in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Okay, I see..Let's say that we create a SAIL interface , is there any way to catch potentional errors while using writers? For instance, let's say that the interface between Appian and SP is temporarily down and at the same time a user is trying to upload a document to SP using a!shpCopyDocumentFromAppian() . Can we catch this kind of errors in otrder to create an alert or a notification to the user?
Children
No Data