Authenticate to Appian for system-to-system call?

Does Appian provide any endpoint for system-to-system authentication of a built-in (i.e. non-LDAP) Appian user?

I know about "loginPage.none", but that is a human interface for login. To use it in a system-to-system scenario, I would have to use some headless browser to enter the username and password, or parse the HTML and call the login endpoint, neither of which are very practical.

I was hoping there is an equivalent to "loginPage.none" for system-to-system calls, for example using HTTP Basic authentication headers?

I also tried creating a system user on LDAP. My LDAP SSO does recognise the user, but Appian doesn't recognise it. Seems when Appian queries the LDAP for users, it doesn't return system users for some reason. So I'm looking at non-LDAP solutions.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Hi Robert, upgrading the Appian version is not really a viable option at the moment. We want to achieve our goal using the currently installed version. Is there any way to achieve this with 16.3? Also, we are already using Web API objects - this query is just about authentication; without authentication it is not possible to access any objects. Also, when doing a text search in the Appian 17.3 release notes for "Web API", I get 0 results.
Children
No Data