File Transfer to Amazon S3 Bucket using SFTP

Hi,

What are the steps to transfer a file to Amazon S3 bucket?

we are  thinking to use SFTP node, are there any additional steps to be followed other than steps provided in SFTP documentation?

Please let us know with the steps and What are the limitations?

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Here

Secure Credential Store Key: I have set up a key in admin console under third party credentials , selected Amazon S3 Utilities and provided my user name and password of Appian and saved.

Amazon S3 Bucket Name: Given my AWS newly created bucket name

Files: I have given a csv file

AWS server side encryption: false

AWS client side encryption: false

when I execute this am receiving an alert "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Access key cannot be null."

Where to setup the access key?  Also where can we provide the credentials to authenticate with AWS.any thoughts from your side?

Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to karthikk640
    So, I don't think the documentation is very clear for this, but it says the following:

The plugin leverages the Appian Secure Credential Store for the credentials to integrate with Amazon S3. Before executing the plugin, create an new secure credential store with the following 3 attributes:
    - accesskeyid: this is the access key id for connecting to AWS S3
    - accesskeysecret: this is the access key secret for connecting to AWS S3
    - kmscmkid: this attribute is only required if using AWS Client Side Encryption

Looking at the code, it seems the credential field names MUST match the ones above -
    so you should have a single Third Party Credential with three fields as above, each containing the appropriate values.

Once you've got that set, up the input on the smart service named Secure Credential Store Key should be the *name* of the third party credential you have set up that contains the three values as above.

I THINK that's right - give it a go and let me know if it works. Apologies if this is what you've already done...!
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to karthikk640

FYI - I think this is what your credentials should look like. In this example, the first field on the smart service would be the name of the credential - in this case amazons3

• Yeah this is how i have entered the credentials:
    accesskeyId: Given my apian user name
    acccessKeySecret: Given my account password

am I correct with the above?
    the third one kmscmkid I have not added.