Call Web API using Basic Authentication

Hi All,

I have a Web API created in Appian, which starts a process and return a different result in case of success or error.
Does anyone know to call this web API from web application using basic authentication?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Lakshmi,

I am just adding it to other comments. You can use basic authentication from any other application for calling Appian WEB API. But keep in mind that the process will only trigger based on the username that your passing in the basic authentication. It is okay when you want to trigger that process model always with the same user credentials. If you want to trigger a process model based on the user in third party application then it is better to use other alternative authentication mechanisms like SAML, LDAP and Others. In this case you trigger the process model based on the user is logged in your third part application.

You can decide the approach based on these.

Hope this may help.
  • Hi Lakshmi,

I am just adding it to other comments. You can use basic authentication from any other application for calling Appian WEB API. But keep in mind that the process will only trigger based on the username that your passing in the basic authentication. It is okay when you want to trigger that process model always with the same user credentials. If you want to trigger a process model based on the user in third party application then it is better to use other alternative authentication mechanisms like SAML, LDAP and Others. In this case you trigger the process model based on the user is logged in your third part application.

You can decide the approach based on these.

Hope this may help.
Children
No Data