return response back from process model

HI All,

here is the requirement:

we need to create a REST service which receives some input parameters and based on input parameters response need to return. But, here response is given by a user not any rule or query entity. This service will be used from external source. So whenever external source will hit the service it will expect some response.

I created a process model for this and assigned task to user for the response. In the web api i started this process model by using a!startprocess . web api only initiate the process model but not wait for completion as its(a!startprocess) property but i need response back from user .

How can i do this? any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abhay  

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If the user involved you can't have it as one call to your REST service because the response can be ready at unknown time. So you need to first have a call that initiates process and it should assign some id and return it to the user.

To get the result you have two options: one is the client should pull your service periodically until it is ready or provide a callback method that your process will call when user done with his task.
  • If the user involved you can't have it as one call to your REST service because the response can be ready at unknown time. So you need to first have a call that initiates process and it should assign some id and return it to the user.

To get the result you have two options: one is the client should pull your service periodically until it is ready or provide a callback method that your process will call when user done with his task.
Children
No Data