Log files Exposed as APIs

Hi All,

I want to expose the log files which are present in the apian cloud network which are given by default, Can we expose those files to the external system as API call.

TIA

:)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Is there some specific data you are trying to process? Or are you just trying to get all logs into another log processor/SIEM tool like Splunk or similar? Understanding what you want to do with that data may present some alternate options for the use case.

By default, the Appian Cloud logs aren't available directly through an API. To work around this, there are two options I've seen customers use:

1) Pull-based - Leverage a smart service (such as Log Reader -forum.appian.com/.../summary) to pull information, and then expose that pulled data through an Appian Web API.

2) Push-based - On some interval, use a smart service to read records from logs and push to an external source.

Regardless, there is a lot of data in Appian logs, so I would be conservative on what I'd feed to another system.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Is there some specific data you are trying to process? Or are you just trying to get all logs into another log processor/SIEM tool like Splunk or similar? Understanding what you want to do with that data may present some alternate options for the use case.

By default, the Appian Cloud logs aren't available directly through an API. To work around this, there are two options I've seen customers use:

1) Pull-based - Leverage a smart service (such as Log Reader -forum.appian.com/.../summary) to pull information, and then expose that pulled data through an Appian Web API.

2) Push-based - On some interval, use a smart service to read records from logs and push to an external source.

Regardless, there is a lot of data in Appian logs, so I would be conservative on what I'd feed to another system.
Children