Is it possible to access an external service via TCP or named pipes rather than

Is it possible to access an external service via TCP or named pipes rather than HTTP?...

OriginalPostID-80979

OriginalPostID-80979

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi James. I know RDMS's can be configured for named pipes and you should be able to modify your database connection string in your appian-ds.xml file to use named pipes. I found www.connectionstrings.com/ to be helpful. This will affect how your query rules and data store nodes communicate with the RDBMS.

As far as other integrations go, the web services node was designed specifically for HTTP/S. There's no reason you couldn't create a custom plug-in that uses names pipes for other types of named pipes integrations, though.
  • Hi James. I know RDMS's can be configured for named pipes and you should be able to modify your database connection string in your appian-ds.xml file to use named pipes. I found www.connectionstrings.com/ to be helpful. This will affect how your query rules and data store nodes communicate with the RDBMS.

As far as other integrations go, the web services node was designed specifically for HTTP/S. There's no reason you couldn't create a custom plug-in that uses names pipes for other types of named pipes integrations, though.
Children
No Data