Web API Query Parameter

Hello Everyone,

I am having a little trouble in configuring the Web API's query parameter. By default 'username' is the available parameter but every time I remove it and try to add a new parameter it does stay as long as the Web API window is opened. But as soon as I save and close the window and then reopen the same Web API I find the newly added query parameter to be missing and also the default 'username' parameter is back. I am not sure if I am missing something here. 

Thanks for the help in advance!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi ,
    What I can say on this, query parameter is used to test Web Api with provided parameters.
    1) Once you will add query parameter in web Api it will generate a URL in below with parameter (Copy that url somewhere).If you close the window you will loose this query parameter but you can still use that copied url.
    2) If you want to keep your query parameter as it is you have to click on this link "Set as default test values" it will save your query parameter.

Thanks,
    Sandeep
  • Hi ,
    What I can say on this, query parameter is used to test Web Api with provided parameters.
    1) Once you will add query parameter in web Api it will generate a URL in below with parameter (Copy that url somewhere).If you close the window you will loose this query parameter but you can still use that copied url.
    2) If you want to keep your query parameter as it is you have to click on this link "Set as default test values" it will save your query parameter.

Thanks,
    Sandeep
Children