Peer Not Authenticated

Certified Senior Developer

Hello --

Last year, we had a process model exposed as a SOAP web service where a web form would POST to it, and that would kick off a process model. That worked from February until early January, when the campaign ended.

I made some updates to the application, and I can still post to the web service via SOAP UI. But, when I attempt to POST from the webform, the application servers says the request fails with "I/O Exception: peer not authenticated"

Last year, I didn't have to enter anything in to CORS, but I did that, and it still doesn't work. I attempted to upload my SSL cert from my web server to Client Certificates, but Appian complained it was the wrong kind of cert.

Any help in something I can try to get this to work would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Hi Aloks - Thank you for the response, but I figured the issue out. It's not an Appian issue, it was my application server. Since Appian discontinued use of TLS 1.0, my application server was still using that because it was on an old version of Java. Upgrading the application server to use Java 8 allows use of something other than TLS 1.0, and the application behaves like it originally did.

I did run SOAP UI tests from my machine and those ran successfully.

Again, thank you for your help!

--
    Rob
  • +1
    Hi Aloks - Thank you for the response, but I figured the issue out. It's not an Appian issue, it was my application server. Since Appian discontinued use of TLS 1.0, my application server was still using that because it was on an old version of Java. Upgrading the application server to use Java 8 allows use of something other than TLS 1.0, and the application behaves like it originally did.

I did run SOAP UI tests from my machine and those ran successfully.

Again, thank you for your help!

--
    Rob
Children
No Data