Calling Rest API on Appian Cloud

Hi All,

We have a requirement where we want to call a Third Party Vendor WEB API from Appian to get some data.

Now as per

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/17.4/Appian_Cloud_FAQ.html#Can_Appian_Cloud_customers_rely_on_IP_whitelisting we should not rely on IP Address whitelisting and create VPN tunnel, but that is not possible in my case and vendor only relies on IP Address whitelisting.

We explored all other options with vendor to get DNS whitelisted etc. but no luck. IP address is required to route the request.

Is there any alternate to achieve this. A automated process needs to be created which will hit this IP -> get the data -> process the same and send to the downstream.

We are able to hit the API via Postman but not able to route via Appian.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi -

Appian Support might like to understand your use case.
    If you've not already done so, I suggest you open a case with Appian Support to review the perceived challenges with a Support Engineer.

Also to consider - do you have access to your own private middleware tool or security gateway?
    If so, could you configure that with a static IP, and then route your integration calls from Appian to the 3rd Party API via the middleware or security gateway?
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for the update.

A case has already been opened with support team and the suggestions provided by the team are not satisfactory so looking for some other alternatives.
    Suggestions were - To get VPN tunnel, but that is not possible as being external party it was negated.

I will try the second alternative suggested by you and will let you for any clarifications.

Thanks
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for the update.

A case has already been opened with support team and the suggestions provided by the team are not satisfactory so looking for some other alternatives.
    Suggestions were - To get VPN tunnel, but that is not possible as being external party it was negated.

I will try the second alternative suggested by you and will let you for any clarifications.

Thanks
Children
No Data